Monday 6 February 2012

Nail Polish Collection Overview

Hey you guys,

Thanks for checking out my blog.

So I've just made this blog and I was wondering what my first blog should be about.

Then I got the idea of doing my nail polish collection blog, seeing as my blog will be based upon nail polish and allthingsnail, as my blog is called :P

SO, lets get started;

First, I'd like to just say that this isnt the biggest nail polish collection in the world, I've only been collecting for some months now and tend to get a couple a week. Im not bragging in any way and to  be honest, I wish I had more :P

RIGHT...

Storageeeeeeee;
This I, understand, is a weird way to store my nail polish. I know many people have nail polish racks or keep them in drawers or something like that. However, when I started to get into nail polish, I needed somewhere for them to be out of the way, easily storable, and keep my nail polishes together and organised. That when I thought...

STRAIGHTNER CASE!

Haha, I can already hear some of you going 'WHAT?!' but it's true. I store my nail polishes in a straightner case. It's my Nicky Clarke straightner case which I got a couple of years back as a present and it's been of no use to me till now . It's a perfect storage option if you havent got the world's biggest nail polish collection and you dont need to spend tons of money of rack and drawers :)

Okay, now my nail polishes. Oh and I will be going in depth of all these nail polishes soon and will do a review on them too. This is just an overview. My next blog post will be on the different brands of nail polish and also the individual ones. So watch out for that!




Yep, that it!

So let's get onto individual brands now. I have N07, Barry M, Rimmel Lycra Pro, MUA and Maybelline Forever Strong Pro.

N07;

I have 5, and I got these when boots had the No7 vouchers when you spent over £5, making these £2 a pop! BARGAIN!

L-R; So Smooth Base Coat, Stay Perfect Top Coat, Misty Blue, Cheeky Chops, Highland Mist.

I've only tried the base and top coat and I love it! The base coat protects me from stains and to be fair, it does its job and the top coat; OMG i cannot rave about this enough! I put this on and my nails are chip free for 2 weeks! That's right, 2 bloomin' weeks!

I have to say that cheeky chops is my favourite colour :)

I shall review all these as I wear them.

Barry M;

I have loadsssssss of Barry M as I loveeeeeee them. They have the best colour, their formula is great and they only cost £2.99 a bottle, so it's great quality on a budget.




I have; 3in1 basecoat, topcat and nail harderner, Matt White, Peach Melba, Strawberry Ice Cream, Berry Ice Cream, Mint Green, Blueberry Ice Cream, Mushroom, Bright Pink, Coral, Yellow, Spring Green, Cobalt Blue, Fuschia, Bright Purple, Indigo and the White Crackle.

They're all gorgeous but I have to say my favourites are Berry Ice Cream and Cobalt Blue :)


Rimmel Lycra Pro


I have; Matte Top Coat, Oyster Pink, Show Off, Hot Gossip and Black Pearl.

I currently have oyster pink on my nail. It is a gorgeous light pink with shimmer and looks different in different lights. It's one of my favourites and I shall review it asap :)

MUA


I have; Shade 21, 15,8, 1 and 2. I hate that these dont have names :(

Anyhoo, these nail polishes are £1! Yep, £1 from the superdrug brand MUA. You get 6.2ml which isnt bad and the colours are allright. They dont really have long staying power so a good topcoat is needed. However, I tend to wear these for a couple of days anyway so these are good for those school girls who can only wear nail polish on the weekends on a budget.

My favourite is the 4th one from the left. It's absolutely gorgeous. It looks black in some lights, however, in other lights it looks...


I know! Review coming up!

Last but certainly not least; Maybelline NY Forever Strong Pro

I only have two and I only got them because Boots had a buy 1 get one half price deal on them :L

The first one is French Manicure and the other is Hot Salsa.

I love the shape of the bottle, firstly. It's unique and different and very easy to store. I wasnt really impressed with the colours of this range. They were very limited, atleast they were in my local boots.


SO THAT'S IT!



All of my nail polishes :)

Thankyou for reading and follow if you'd like more. Also, share some of your favourite colours in the comments.


xx












No comments:

Post a Comment