Sunday 12 February 2012

Tips for growing nails

Hey :)

So now for my second post :D

I was a nail biter. CONFESSION. The state of my nails were absolutely horrible! They used to be bleed and hurt like crazy. I cringe everytime I think about it now :(

BUT one day (a couple of months ago), I decided to stop. I'd been starting to watch alot of beauty guru's on youtube by now and I was so jelous at the state of their nails and how disgusting mine were that I had to stop. So as someone who knows how incredibly diffucult it is to grow your nails, here's some tips :)


PATIENCE.
Nails aren't going to grow overnight, fosho. They're not even going to grow in a week, it going to take several months for them to repair and start growing. I know it's hard because I wanted my nails to grow so badly and when I saw no results, I was disappointed. Just mark what day you stopped biting your nails and then next month, see how much they've grown. You could also take pictures if you want, to measure your nail growth. So a picture the first day you stop biting your nails and every week after that. Then after a couple of weeks, you'll be able to visulise the difference and be proud of yourself :)


WATER.
Now, water is great for the whole body, we all know that. And water is great for your nails too. It's just good for you, your skin, your hair, your nails. So aim to drink atleast 1.5L a day, or 7 cups. What I do is that I fill up my water bottle in the morning and throughout the day, in school, i sip on it. You're much more likely to drink water if you have a water bottle on you so go invest in one! They're like 50p and you can reuse them again and again.


MASSAGING.
Massaging your nails for 1 minute each promotes blood to the ends of the tips, promoting them to grow. This is the one of the easiest things to do when wanting to grow your nails. If you're in a boring lesson, just spend 10 mins massaging your nails and cuticles, it's what I do ;)

BUY NAIL POLISH.
Invest in a nail polish. Just pop to your local drugstore and buy a shade you really like. That'll be your little treat and motivation to grow your nails. You dont have to spend loads, Barry M, for example, have loads of shades and they're very inexpensive. This worked for me :)


FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO OCCUPY YOU.
Most of the time, we buy our nails because we're nervous or we have nothing to do. So instead of biting your nails when your nervous or bored, get something else. Wear a ring and fiddle around with that instead of you nails or a bracelt. We arent allowed to wear jewellery to school so I used to keep some blue tack with me and fiddle around with it when I was bored and wanted to bite  my nails

MOISTURISE.
Before going to bed, moisture with a hand and nail cream. Your body grows and heals when your sleeping and hand and nail cream will help that. Also, alot of the hand and nail creams out there condition and strengthen nails to stop them from breaking. I use Vaseline hand and nail cream :)


So those were my tips for growing nails. Comment below and tell me if any of these worked for you :)

Also, a shoutout to Zoe, who is my first follower. THANKYOU :)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment